Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Calling all Houses

Even if you are not a Harry Potter fan and don't knit I still urge all of you who can at least hold two needles or 1 circular needle and balance a ball or 2 of yarn to get in on this gig. Simple really--click on the Charmed Knits button on the right side bar of this blog and read the FAQ. You can download the free pattern for the Hogwarts hats/beanies and knit as many hats as you can. If you don't know how to knit find someone who does and get them in on it. Hell get them to teach you. Even if you never cast on again give this one a try. Which is easier--Rereading all 6 HP books or knitting one of these lovely caps? I'm a fast reader, slow knitter, but I can tell you that knitting one of the house caps will be a far less strenuous exercise.
Hold a knitalong at work, during lunch, wherever you can get the word out! The hats are to be donated to a charity Warm Woolies which supplies warm woolens to children all over the globe. This would be a great summer reading program--I would recommend for ages 9 and up. So LizB, ChrisR and 2ndgen librarian--Do you hear me? Start your broomsticks. It's time to needle up!
p.s. There is a new yarn shop in our fair town called What's Needling You?--check them out. Maybe we can get the whole darn burg in on this. Come to think of it how about getting as many children's and YA librarians as we can to join the circle. I'm throwing down the gauntlet.

3 comments:

Kristen - 2ndgenlibrarian said...

Lovely. A quick knitting project with a fun theme and for a good cause.

Chris said...

This has great SAIL project potential! I will need help, though. I am knitting impaired. I started crocheting an afghan once and gave up after about 24 inches. It became beloved Ben schnauzer's blanket for a while.

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

Hi, I came across your blog searching for 'what's needling you'. I'm heading there tomorrow for. :-)