Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I love you Esme

How many of you have worried and wondered about our extra special engaging entirely eminently epically epicentrally ebullient Esme? I have been checking on her for lo these months worrying and shredding napkins with my dog eared fingers until today when I see her finally and get the scoop on her Bookroom her new job and the future seeds of readiology. PlanetEsme Gingerbread Apartment will be the new incarnation of the Bookroom and will host the first annual Kidlitosphere blogger's convention. Can I lurk there? or better yet nibble there? Please? Anyway I just have to reproduce a Camus quote she uses in support of GENEROSITY and it's lasting legacy

Insane generosity is the generosity of rebellion, which unhesitatingly gives the strength of its love and without a moment's delay refutes injustice. Its merit lies in making no calculations, distributing everything it possesses to life and to living men. It is thus that it is prodigal in its gifts to men to come. Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present."

Esme you are truly an inspiration and a clear voice floating around in the literacy stew we librarians and teachers and parents slog through every day. I hope that I can take a piece of your "potato pedagogy" and feed whatever bodies will listen and hunger for the prodigious gifts of beautiful well written books.

1 comment:

Esme Raji Codell said...

Holy mackerel! I was looking around for some good dolly sites (I am a big rag doll fan myself) and was so shocked and overwhelmed to come across your extraordinarily generous post (speaking of generosity!). I was touched that someone noticed I was out of the loop and it really brought to tears to my eyes to read that my "potato pedagogy" resonated with someone, especially someone as active and giving as you. I so enjoyed your blog and your awesome cool unique links. Pardon my gushing but I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!! You encouraged me to keep on truckin'. ;-)